1) Ability to make up a ride due to scheduling difficulty or a DNF in the regular
2) A 600 and 1000 K which will be a series of loops in NW Missouri which each return to a central start location: This allows for self-support
This event offers 200, 300, 400, 600 and 1,000km ACP Brevet options, all starting and finishing at one location in St. Joseph, Missouri. This affords self-support options for the longer distances -- one example case: simply park your vehicle, stage your own drop-bag(s) in the trunk, and you're back at your car after each "loop" for resupply, fresh clothing, refills on food and/or supplies/spares; whatever you decide to arrange for yourself. Taken a step further, you can check into a hotel room (see below), enjoy a shower and a quick nap if time allows, and then head out for your next loop refreshed and resupplied. If nothing else, the 24-Hour Denny's control location gives you the chance for a hot meal and a sit-down between loops. For the 600 and 1,000km rider, this is a great way to break up the distance and resupply in familiar surroundings, without needing to carry "the kitchen sink".
Bonus for 1000km riders: if you are at all interested in RUSA's American Explorer Award, the 1000km route will get you KS, MO, NE and IA in one event!
There are a number of hotels very close to Denny’s:
- Hampton Inn (816) 390-9300
- Americas Best Value (816) 364-3031
- Quality Suites (816) 232-6557
- Days Inn (816) 279-1671
- Drury Inn and Suites (816) 364-4700
- Motel 6 (816) 232-2311
- Stony Creek (816) 901-9600
St. Joe Crank Routes & Climbing Stats (ft./mile):
200 K: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26426778 46.5 feet/mile
Contact the RBA if you are interested in taking part, and join our email list to stay in the know!